Pages

My Zimbio

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Week 4 Reflections for Action Research Course

I have sort of completed Week 4 of my course. I have been unable to meet with my site mentor this week; in fact the week was over before he even responded to my email requesting that we meet. He is attending TCEA (lucky!) and is out of touch right now, so my internship plan is going to have to be reviewed via email. Sigh.

I am not concerned that my mentor will not like my plan. I expect he will have some helpful criticism for me, but my concern still lies in getting some principals to agree, and thanks to all these stupid snow days every time I have a day off when I could make some phone calls and set up appointments to meet with the principals, there is no school. Maybe this week, I hope. At least the forecast looks clear!

I have thoroughly enjoyed everything I have learned about action research up to this point. I know a lot more about data gathering and self-reflection and sharing my research and developing ideas to take action upon than I did a few weeks ago. I am feeling more confident in my own ability to perform action research. I guess it is one more thing that frustrates me while waiting for my full-time teaching job. I would love to begin doing this sort of thing as a part of my job, and I can't wait for someone to hire me and give me that opportunity. If anyone out there knows about a job opening in the Texarkana area, please let me know!

This last week should be fun as we wrap everything up and look toward methods of sustaining improvement. I am a little unclear as to the new paperwork requirements at the tail end of the class, since they appear to be focused on Administration majors rather than Technology majors, but I've got a message into the IA and I'm sure it will all be sorted out and make sense in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment