Pages

My Zimbio

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Post Web-Conference Reflections

I attended my first web conference on Thursday evening for my Master's degree course, EDLD 5306 Concept of Educational Technology. I found the experience very helpful as well as enjoyable. It was good to have an opportunity to meet my professor in a "real time" environment, as prior to the conference we had only exchanged emails. It was also very nice to meet many of my fellow grad students and learn a little about who they were, and be able to associate a face with a name when reading their posts on the discussion board.

The most helpful part of the experience was learning more in-depth about the internship portion of the Master's Degree program and being able to brainstorm with my professor about what that would like like given my unique circumstances. It was reassuring to a certain extent to know that the internship hours are spread out over the course of the entire 18 month program, as well as a bit overwhelming to consider how extensive the internship is going to be taken as a whole.

Although it is a bit intimidating at this point in the program to think about things I will be doing a year and a half from now, I am a believer that you should begin with the end in mind, and this conference gave me a chance to do just that.

I am glad I had the opportunity to participate, and quite sorry that for the duration of this course, my schedule will conflict with the remaining web conferences. I do hope I have an opportunity to meet with my fellow students in an informal, non-moderated conference setting to give us a chance to discuss our assignments and progress with the course and the challenges we are facing, and how each of us is coping with these challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment